Subscribe! :))

ABMMA! :)

Sunday, October 2, 2011

In sickness and in health.

I haven't been that serious about getting sick or whatever, since I am not a sickly person. But this experience of mine made me rethink things and to take my health status into account.

It was the night of August 18 when I started feeling that a headache was coming my way. Thinking it would be gone by morning, I slept it off. I woke up early in the morning running a fever and my head still hurting. It was a big day for me since it was a rehearsal day for the LPU Chorale in which I am a new member (well, I think so because they keep reminding me to attend their rehearsals).


I left for school with my parents, keeping my mouth shut about what I was feeling. I arrived at school around 7:00 in the morning, the rehearsal starts at 9:00am, so I decided to take a nap at the school's lounge, wishing to feel better.

I went straight home after rehearsals. That very second I stepped in our house, my dad knew I was sick so he then let me rest. My fever went on until Monday, August 22, 2011. I was feeling a little bit better though so I asked my parents if I could go to school already. My class starts at 1 in the afternoon. That morning, I threw out everything I had eaten. My dad then decided to go to the doctor. I started getting very tensed because I was afraid of check-ups, especially injections, since way back when.

At first, our doctor told us that it was only a viral infection, but we still had to monitor my platelet count which was still 226 (normal count is 150-450) at the time. I had my second check-up the next day and our doctor told us that my platelet count decreased to 190. We were told to go back that night of the same day to check my platelet count once more. So we went back and had my third check-up. My platelet count decreased once more to 178. That was when our doctor advised my parents to have me confined.

I was so scared when I heard the news I started crying right then and there. You see, it was my first time to be admitted in a hospital. So we got home, packed my stuff and went to UHBI-Paranaque Doctor's Hospital.


I was still crying when we arrived at the hospital. I cried even harder when the registered MedTech person approached me with all those stuff for the dextrose. The MedTech person had a hard time finding my veins because it was very stiff and cramped because of the tension running all over my body. Her first try was not successful, so she had to do it again. It was so painful since she used a needle bigger than those used for injections (and I thought they only used one needle size).



I was admitted in the hospital for 4 days, suffering from stage 2 dengue.

It was a tough 4 days but what kept me from feeling sad were my friends who kept on texting me, asking me how I was and wishing me well.

I got discharged Saturday afternoon, 27th of August. Although I was still absent, I felt so happy because I was back on track.

After that experience of mine, I started taking my condition seriously. Whenever I feel ill or something close to  that, I at once do something about it. I do not simply wish to get well anymore.

Let us consider things a little more seriously this time now. Take best care of ourselves, observe health measures in everything we do. God bless! :))

8 comments:

  1. We we're all worried bea -_-

    Pero , yan :) magaling ka na .

    ReplyDelete
  2. nalagpasan mo naman ng bonggang bonga. :)
    take care always bea. ~_~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. :( tsk.
    pray every day, god is good all the time. =)
    keepsafe always

    ReplyDelete
  4. inggat ka palagi.... medyo natakot ako dun sa may kamay part...

    ReplyDelete
  5. nasobrahan sa upppercut at forward suntok talon step e. nanggigil e. hahhahahahaha XDDD

    ReplyDelete
  6. bebe! take care always ah! :))

    dont worry! cheese cake will save you!! hahaha.. :P ILAMYU! :***

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is good all the time..tinulungan ka nya makalagpas sa pagsubok na yan...sobrang hirap ma-dengue...take care always beybeh... :DD

    ReplyDelete